Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tyler, the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt, and Domo Genesis-Look

I remember when I first heard Yonkers when it got nominated for the MTV Music Video Awards I absolutely hated it. Tyler, the Creator didn't strike me as rap, just some guy talking nonsense. I gave him another listen this summer and now he's one of my favorite rappers. While his lyrics are crude, they are by no means nonsense. If you listen to his three albums: Bastard, Goblin, and Wolf, it starts to become clear how Tyler has created a story that progresses through all 3 albums as he explores his multiple personalities. When I got into Tyler, I was forced into liking Odd Future since almost all of his features are from OFWGKTA members. "Look" is the newest posse rap from OF and it includes everything that a typical Odd Future song should; horrible and offensive language and a slow, mellow yet aggressive flow. Tyler and Earl Sweatshirt are definitely an acquired taste, so if you didn't like them at first try giving them another shot with this track. Golf Wang.

No comments:

Post a Comment